Concrete Stain is another flooring option that is becoming increasingly popular among homeowners and commercial operations. In this post we will explore the reasons, and the basic information about concrete stain.
What is Concrete Stain
Think of concrete stain as a tool to color concrete and give it some water resistance. It can dramatically transform the concrete however, so calling it “just a color option” may be over simplified. Other sealers can be used to give it a high gloss and more water resistant qualities.
Where Can I apply Concrete Stain?
Just about any existing concrete surface can be stained. These days we are seeing concrete used for floors, walls, counter tops, patios and even fireplace surrounds. The possibilities with concrete are endless, Continue reading
Epoxy flooring is becoming a very popular choice among the many flooring options available to commercial facilities and homeowners today. In this post, we will discuss why this is the case and more.
What is Epoxy Flooring?
Although there are variations to this definition, for all intents and purposes, Epoxy Flooring is a non-porous, adhesive, plastic-like paint that forms a strong chemical bond to the existing floor.
Benefits of Epoxy Flooring
- It’s not always the lowest cost option up front, but it’s among the lowest in the long run. Concrete Polishing is also a contender for the lowest cost in the long run.
- Mechanical Strength
- You can put heavy things on it and it won’t indent, scratch or crack
- Chemical Resistance
- You can spill or wash it with chemicals and it’s less likely to fade, stain or deteriorate than many other options
- Secure Bond
- It’s attached to your existing floor by chemical reaction, think GLUE.
- Ease of Cleaning
- It’s smooth, it’s mop-able, it can handle strong cleaning chemicals. And there are no joints to collect dirt like tile, wood, or porous concrete
- Color Options
- Sky’s the limit. Use it in commercial applications to designate traffic lanes, safety zones etc. in your manufacturing or warehouse facility.
- Speed of Application
- There aren’t many steps to get it done. A 1600 square foot floor in decent existing condition can be done in one day by pros, no problem. (1 coat system). If you’re considering this for your business, speed is going to be important. Speed=less down time or faster new construction
- Depending on the severity of the wear and tear, it lasts forever.
- Vapor Barrier
- Usually a two coat system, it stops moisture from passing through a concrete slab. Great in basement applications.
- It’s non-porous. Water beads up or puddles at worst
- Non Slip
- High Gloss
- Low Maintenance
- Just clean it. No polishing or waxing necessary
- Self leveling